Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ghostery

I use the Firefox browser and after the last update, it started hanging up after shutdown.  Ccleaner said it couldn't finish the cleaning because Firefox was still open, and I couldn't restart it because the profile was in use.  Installed the Ghostery add on, a tracker blocker, and haven't had the problem since.  The trackers must have been causing the shut down to hang.

While researching Calkins in Oswego county, NY, I found a interesting article in the Pulaski Democrat, 1884 about the coming of 4 Calkins families to the Town of Richland.  They were living in Ontario just before the War of 1812 and had to sign a loyalty oath to the Crown or get out.  They chose to go and ended up in Oswego county.  I'll post it on my site as soon as it's transcribed.  That could take a while as it's tree columns long.

Bobolinks, Wilson's snipes and barn swallows are back.  The frogs sing most nights.